Title Plan (OC1)
Title Registers and Title Plans are the two main title documents of a property or land, and are often referred to as Title Deeds, House Deeds or Property Deeds.
Information disclosed by the Title Plan includes:
- Information relating to the boundaries.
- The extent of land included in the Title.
- Areas of land which previously formed part of the Title but have since been removed are coloured green.
- Location in relation to surrounding properties and buildings.
- When maintenance responsibilities for boundary structures, such as fences and walls, are specifically referred to within the registered deeds, they are often referred to within the Register and indicated on the Title Plan by coloured markings and T markings.
- Registered easements (e.g. rights of access, parking rights, drainage rights) are indicated by coloured markings.
- Land affected by covenants and other restrictions are sometimes indicated by coloured markings on the Title Plan.
- Orientation indicated by way of a North point.
- Title Number and Ordnance Survey map reference.
- Markings and colours used in the Title Plan are explained in the Title Register.
- As a matter of course, we will also establish whether there are any pending applications or official searches against the title/property, such as a pending purchase, transfer or mortgage. If there are any pending applications or official searches, we will notify you when providing the Register and/or Title Plan. This is an important check to undertake as it can indicate that there might be imminent changes to the Register and/or Title Plan; such as a change of ownership.
To obtain an official copy of a Title Register and/or Title Plan for any property or land, simply complete the order form.
By using our online portal, you will be able to quickly obtain official copies of Land Registry Title Registers and Title Plans, Leases and Deeds, as well as many other conveyancing searches. We are not affiliated with the UK Government or Land Registries. Some of the searches and documents we provide are available from official government sources at a lower fee; however, without the many benefits offered by our online services.