The Title Register is one of the two main title documents (the Title Plan being the other) of a property and is often referred to as the Title Deed, House Deed or Property Deed.
Information disclosed by Title Registers includes:
- Property ownership details, including the name and address of the registered owner(s).
- A description of the property.
- Details of restrictive covenants and other restrictions; restrictions can have a significant and substantial impact on the use and value of a property or land.
- When maintenance responsibilities and liabilities for boundary structures, such as fences and walls, are specifically referred to within the registered deeds, they are often referred to within the Register and indicated on the Title Plan by coloured markings and T markings.
- Date of purchase and price paid/value stated for any property that has been sold since April 2000.
- Information relating to easements, such as rights of access, rights to park and drainage rights.
- Registered mortgages and charges affecting the title, including the name and address of the lender (such as a bank or building society).
- Details of filed documents, such as Transfers, Leases, Deeds, Agreements and Conveyances – with dates and names of parties involved.
- Title Number.
- Tenure, i.e Freehold or Leasehold.
- As a matter of course, we will also establish whether there are any pending applications or official searches against the title/property, such as a pending purchase, transfer or mortgage. If there are any pending applications or official searches, we will notify you when providing the Register and/or Title Plan. This is an important check to undertake as it can indicate that there might be imminent changes to the Register and/or Title Plan; such as a change of ownership.
To obtain an official copy of a Title Register and/or Title Plan for any property or land, simply click on the link below and complete the order form.
By using our online portal, you will be able to quickly obtain official copies of Land Registry Title Registers and Title Plans, Leases and Deeds, as well as many other conveyancing searches. We are not affiliated with the UK Government or Land Registries. Some of the searches and documents we provide are available from official government sources at a lower fee; however, without the many benefits offered by our online services.